1. What/who/how brought you to the $CRYPTO sphere aside the profitability?
Dogecoin. I stumbled across it on Reddit and thus began my journey into this space.
2. What are your interests/hobbies outside $CRYPTO?
Writing, reading, pubs and David Attenborough documentaries.
3. Could you elaborate what happened to you on Tuesday?
I was hacked via a remote access Trojan, that gained access to my PC after somehow bypassing my antivirus. This cleared out my local wallets whilst my PC was staking coins overnight. I made the rookie mistake of leaving a copy of my Bittrex 2FA on my PC somewhere, which the hacker evidently also found, because I woke up to an empty Bittrex account too. I never leave backup codes on my PC yet this one slipped by me — I must have copied it down intending to write it down and never did. Regardless, the rookie mistake made a bad situation even worse.
4. How could you have prevented this from happening?
I’m not sure about preventing the remote access Trojan since I have antivirus and a strong firewall etc but I will not be downloading wallets from new coins. As for the Bittrex hack, I just shouldn’t have left a backup 2FA code on my PC.
5. What would be the best $CRYPTO security advice you could give?
Use different email accounts for each exchange, and use a U2F key for those email accounts. Whitelist IP addresses and withdrawal addresses. Don’t download new wallets that seem sketchy just to mine launches. Use a password manager. Don’t use Windows.
6. Preferred weapons (indicators) of choice to do TA and why?
I don’t use any indicators except an SMA200 and volume. No stochastic, no RSI, no bollinger bands, nothing. Just price action.
7. What satisfies you the most in $CRYPTO
The potential for anyone to achieve financial freedom, the innovation and the community.
8. What disgusts you the most in $CRYPTO?
Loops shorting Bitcoin.
9. #1 recommendation to $CRYPTO noobs?
Learn risk management and security before anything else.
We can all learn from mistakes others make. We can also help our community champs recover from setbacks like this. Feel free to contribute to Nik’s comeback: 1NA9AWApB1EGZUQo2HNp94TQjQoPMJh6i5
If you enjoy the read, follow me on Twitter, its good for Karma.